In need of simple, healthy, and delicious meal ideas for the whole family? These one-pot rice cooker recipes were designed for busy people! All you need is a rice cooker.
Not only are these recipes made with a few basic ingredients, the whole meal can be prepared within 30 minutes, with minimal clean up. In fact, once you’ve put all the ingredients in and press ‘start’, you can even get on with chores or help the kids with their homework while dinner is cooking.
Try these simple and fuss-free one-pot meals with a range of rice cookers and organic rice from the Frasers eStore.
Read on for the recipes or watch the video here.
1. Asian Chicken Rice Recipe
If you love Hainanese Chicken Rice, you can start making your own version at home from now on! All you need to do is put all the ingredients into the rice cooker. By the time the rice is cooked through, the chicken will be juicy and tender. Enjoy how the flavours from the ingredients, especially the chicken, gets absorbed into every grain.
1. Put rice in the rice cooker pot, along with garlic, ginger, salt, chicken bouillon, and water. Mix well.
2. Place chicken thigh on top of mixture.
3. Place scallion on top of chicken thigh.
4. Cook for 45 minutes, or until rice and chicken are fully cooked.
5. While rice is cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing scallion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, miso and chilli flakes in a sauce bowl.
6. Once chicken rice is cooked, remove the chicken and slice into desirable pieces.
7. Fluff the rice.
8. Serve the chicken and rice on a plate and pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with cilantro, tomatoes and lemon (optional). Enjoy!
Want to make the dish tastier and more fragrant? Try adding pandan leaves, and use chicken stock instead of water in the recipe.
2. Tomato Rice
Tomato Rice is a flavourful, nutritious, and versatile dish you can make quickly. Add your favourite vegetables, herbs and spices to the recipe, and you’ve got your very own version of Tomato Rice! You can enjoy this dish on its own or as a side.
1. Add rice, water, soy sauce and sesame oil into the rice cooker pot. Mix well.
2. Add sausage, carrots, corn, edamame and mushrooms into the pot. Do not stir.
3. Cut an X across the top of a destemmed tomato and place in the centre.
4. Cook for 45 minutes.
5. Once cooked, mix well, and serve!
Do invest in high quality rice for the best taste and nutrition, such as the Organic White or Brown Rice from Zayle and Elly. To cook your rice, we recommend using the 1.1L Rice Cooker with Ceramic Pot from Mayer which is designed to retain nutrients in food and create fluffier rice. It also features a non-stick ceramic pot and is very easy to clean. Alternatively, the Mimica 0.8L Digital Rice Cooker from Mayer allows you to keep your food warm for up to 24 hours and preset your time for up to 24 hours, so your food can start cooking automatically and keep warm, even if you’re still on the way home!
Explore our high-quality range of rice and rice cookers, plus FREE DELIVERY, when you shop on Frasers eStore.
There you have it, your weeknight dinners sorted with easy one-pot rice cooker recipes your family will love you for! No matter how busy you are, there’s always a way to keep your bellies satisfied with healthy home cooking. Stay tuned for more simple and nutritious recipes to come!